Guided Fly Fishing trips with Waters West Fly Shop!We host guided fly fishing trips year-round on the Olympic Peninsula with our focus on the West End rivers for steelhead, salmon and trout. Walk/wade and float trips available.
We typically fish the major coastal rivers around Forks, WA. These includes the Sol Duc, Hoh, Bogachiel, and Calawah. We target steelhead almost year round, and trout from summer through fall. Different species of salmon can also be found in our rivers three seasons of the year.
Summer steelhead fishing opens in early June and will last into October. They aren’t the behemoths you might catch in the winter but the weather is nicer and it’s often less crowded.
By Thanksgiving our early run of hatchery winter steelhead are running and they will be most abundant through December. By January the highly prized native steelhead are getting started as we enter prime time. February and March are special months as some of the largest wild steelhead in the world swim up our rivers. These fish are truly amazing and draw anglers and guides from all over. And April brings the lower flows and warmer water temperatures that equal snappy fish.
Give us a call or email us to ask specific questions or to book your trip today!
(360) 417-0937 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
WE HAVE THE TRIP FOR YOU!
At Waters West we understand that anglers are unique, and their guided trip should be too. That’s why we are flexible in setting up your trip. We offer everything from multi-boat trips to half day walk & wade trips. Whether you want to cast dries to cutthroat or spey fish for steelhead, just let us know and we will make it happen. More than anything, we want you to enjoy your day on the water.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Our guided trips include all necessary tackle, lunch/snacks and water. Anglers are certainly welcome to bring their favorite rods, flies, beverages, etc. This is what you will need to bring:
- Waders and Boots – If you do not have any, let us know so we can get you a pair of rentals
- Fishing License – Make sure to get this before the day of your trip. If you get it online it usually takes about 10 days to get to you. Otherwise you can get one at Swains General Store in Port Angeles or Forks Outfitter in Forks. If you are fishing for salmon and steelhead with us, make sure to get the “Catch Card” as well.
- Sun glasses and hat (eye and head protection and helpful for seeing into the water)
- Rain Jacket in muted tone if possible
- Appropriate clothing: summers are generally mild, with a lightweight long sleeve being the most you’d probably need, but fall and winter are a different world. Dress in layers, with hat and gloves. Warm, but thin socks can really make the difference. We use Woolpower because it’s thin and incredibly warm, but anything like that will work as well.
WHERE DO WE MEET?
We do most of our river fishing around Forks, Washington, about an hour west of our shop. We will often meet our clients right in, or nearby Forks, depending on the river we are fishing. If you are staying in Port Angeles and do not have transportation, we can usually make arrangements for your guide to pick you up in town.
NEW TO FLY FISHING?
Great! We enjoy teaching new fly fishers a lifelong hobby. There is no better place to learn than on the water, and we provide all the essential gear. Just show up ready to learn and we’ll take care of the rest.
(360) 417-0937 email@example.com
(See below for Deposit Policy)
These rates include all fishing gear (rods, reels, flies, etc), and lunch on full day trips
Not included in this price is your Washington State license, sales tax, waders and boots, and gratuity for the guide.
|1 Angler||2 Anglers||3 Anglers|
|Half Day Walk*||$200.00||$250.00||$325.00|
|Full Day Walk||$350.00||$425.00||$500.00|
|Full Day Float||$395.00||$475.00||$575.00**|
**3 anglers on a boat is too crowded unless it is a small child
We are happy to offer rental gear for anglers who want to travel light or may just be fishing for a day while in the area. Whether heading to the coastal rivers or high mountain lakes, we can supply you with quality equipment.
|Waders & Boots – $25/day
Rod & Reel – $25/day
Waders/Boots/Rod/Reel/ Combo – $45/day
Spey Rod & Reel – $40/day
Pontoon Boat – Bucks Bags Southfork – $30/day
Outcast PAC 9000 – $50/Day
Winter Steelhead – Mid November-April
Summer Steelhead – June-October
Trout – Cutthroat & Rainbow – May-October
Spring Chinook – April-June
Fall Chinook – September-November
Coho – July-November
- We require a $150 Deposit to hold your preferred date. Deposit is fully refundable if the trip is cancelled due to unfishable conditions.
- Cancellations over one month in advance of trip – 100% refund of deposit
- Cancellations between two weeks and one month of trip – 50% refund of deposit
- Cancellations within two weeks of trip – no refund of deposit
Head guide Curtis Reed has been with Waters West for over a decade and is an integral part of and a major asset to the shop. During this time, he has fished and guided extensively throughout the Olympic Peninsula with heavy emphasis on the famous steelhead rivers near Forks, Washington. Curt is a skilled fisherman and a true professional. A day on the water will always be fun and informative and most likely involve hands that smell of fish. He’s a well-rounded fly tier, an outstanding spey caster and one of the best instructors around. He teaches many of our classes and clinics on all things fly fishing and is available for private lessons as well. His fly fishing roots began as a boy studying entomology and tying flies for his dad. It wasn’t long until he had his first 4-weight and was hooked for life. He has since evolved into a very knowledgeable, incredibly patient guide with a passion for fishing and a gift for teaching.